As of May 4 2007 the scripts will autodetect your timezone settings. Nothing here has to be changed, but there are a few things

Please follow this blog

Search this blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mathematics in Movies ( 2 )

June, 2008 I wrote about mathematics in movies. As a comment on that post I received a link to this page with movies that are somehow linked to mathematics.
I got two math movies today. Fermat's Room and the Oxford Numbers. Both from 2008, maybe that explains why neither are on the page I mentioned. Haven't seen them yet though. Something for Christmas, perhaps.
I am not sure, but I think a movie about Ramanujan will be released in 2010. A must see. Ramanujan and Hardy in Cambridge. - Haven't watched Numb3rs in a while. I saved two seasons, for 'someday'. Well, maybe that day should be soon. Although Charlie is completely surreal, I mean he is an expert in -every- subject and has time to lecture, write books and be a full-time consultant to the FBI as well. Secret: I adopted one of his habits: I often use a noise-reduction headphone just to create silence around me, not to listen to music. It's great, you should try it while studying.

1 comment:

Popular Posts

Welcome to The Bridge

Mathematics: is it the fabric of MEST?
This is my voyage
My continuous mission
To uncover hidden structures
To create new theorems and proofs
To boldly go where no man has gone before




(Raumpatrouille – Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion, colloquially aka Raumpatrouille Orion was the first German science fiction television series. Its seven episodes were broadcast by ARD beginning September 17, 1966. The series has since acquired cult status in Germany. Broadcast six years before Star Trek first aired in West Germany (in 1972), it became a huge success.)