I was at a presentation about studying ( mathematics ) at the Open University in the UK. The presentation was held in The Hague, Lange Houtstraat 11. I arrived early which gave me the opportunity to talk to a course consultant prior to the presentation. She answered most of the questions I had. The presentation took about 45 minutes and was very informative. Some interesting facts are:
- 200,000 students world-wide;
- +/- 560 students in NL;
- mathematics is a popular study among Dutch students ;
- most students are in the age group 31-40;
- credits earned don't expire;
- there are no entry-level requirements;
- earning 60 points a year may cost upto 2000 punds a year ( if not more ).
Anyway, I decided that I will register as a student and take my first course in September.
13-2016 Open letter to Open Source for You (OSFY)
5 months ago