As of May 4 2007 the scripts will autodetect your timezone settings. Nothing here has to be changed, but there are a few things

Please follow this blog

Search this blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fibonacci Sequence - Revisited

Some thoughts about my progress in maths. - I browsed through some old blog posts to get a feeling for how much I progressed with my maths. That was the original purpose anyway. Six years ago I wrote about the Fibonacci sequence as I am nowadays. It often feels if I make no real progress. I see mountains ahead of me, when I look back I see a tiny road. I don't believe in working hard, working smart should do the trick. On the plus side I can say that today I can prove Binet's formula and give at least three alternative formulas for the series. I don't know I even knew the formula in 2006. If progress is thinking about the Fibonacci series as something trivial then that is not what I expected. When I was in secondary school the mathematics teachers seemed to have acquired infinite knowledge about mathematics. I am sure that I know at least as much about math as the average high school teacher. That should give me a sense of satisfaction, achievement. It does not. Link: - Max Cohen draws the golden spiral

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Welcome to The Bridge

Mathematics: is it the fabric of MEST?
This is my voyage
My continuous mission
To uncover hidden structures
To create new theorems and proofs
To boldly go where no man has gone before




(Raumpatrouille – Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion, colloquially aka Raumpatrouille Orion was the first German science fiction television series. Its seven episodes were broadcast by ARD beginning September 17, 1966. The series has since acquired cult status in Germany. Broadcast six years before Star Trek first aired in West Germany (in 1972), it became a huge success.)