Graphica is now a real project. I don't know how many projects get started, I do know a lot of them die unfinished. I can only say that I hope this won't happen to Graphica. I will try to push it forward at a steady pace. It is not that I thought about it yesterday and well, started a project to 'see what happens'.
- I have been thinking about it for years.
- I silently programmed a prototype in Mathematica,
- made an extensive study of Mathematica graphics,
- studied how to develop a language-to-language compiler in Java,
- spec'ed the language,
- selected the Java frameworks, and tools to start with,
- chose a license
so: it's time to start hacking! At last. All I need now is a home for my code to live:
Graphica at Google Code.
13-2016 Open letter to Open Source for You (OSFY)
5 months ago