As of May 4 2007 the scripts will autodetect your timezone settings. Nothing here has to be changed, but there are a few things

Please follow this blog

Search this blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

AMATH 401/501 Video Lectures

Because of my special interest in number theory I read ahead on the topic of complex analysis ( M337 ) which is a prerequisite for analytical number theory. I like to watch video lectures because it gives me an idea about how the topic is presented to students. Until a few days ago I wasn't able to find any lectures on the topic. Although the lectures aren't currently online at the site of the University of Washington they must have been in the past or they are available to enrolled students only. Anyway, some student has been so very kind to upload 38 lectures given in 2009 of +/- 50 min each in a total of 6GB compressed video data to the filesharing site Rapidshare. I do not know if the student violated copyright laws or anything. I don't think so. I think the files are offline because having the files online involves quite a lot of bandwidth for the university which is expensive. Mathematics video lectures have a global appeal and seem to be very popular.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thank you for the post.

    I just want to tell you about other maths video lectures.

    Ak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dissertation Writing Service said ( in a comment I have removed )

    "Despite the bulk of information online we often fail to get the specific information which is needed this post is good & contains relevant information that I was in quest of .I appreciate your efforts in preparing this post."
    ( REMOVED: a very sneaky link )

    One of those posts with a comment that could be written for any post with a sneaky link inserted in it. The only reason I moderate comments is to catch and delete sneaky ads. Besides that I accept all relevant comments. Good or bad. Although I do understand the business model of the Internet that it thrives on ad revenue and so on: NO ADS PLEASE. As the owner of the blog I often recommend software and books. Because I think it's good advice to the readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where is the link for these lectures?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Welcome to The Bridge

Mathematics: is it the fabric of MEST?
This is my voyage
My continuous mission
To uncover hidden structures
To create new theorems and proofs
To boldly go where no man has gone before




(Raumpatrouille – Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion, colloquially aka Raumpatrouille Orion was the first German science fiction television series. Its seven episodes were broadcast by ARD beginning September 17, 1966. The series has since acquired cult status in Germany. Broadcast six years before Star Trek first aired in West Germany (in 1972), it became a huge success.)