As of May 4 2007 the scripts will autodetect your timezone settings. Nothing here has to be changed, but there are a few things

Please follow this blog

Search this blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Time for a break.

The MT365 schedule says I should take a break so I will. I am still ahead of schedule with M208. I need to refresh. Breathe in new ideas. I'll be thinking of maths I suppose. What's one or two weeks anyway? I have so many books I still want to read. Want to complete the book about Ramanujan's life for example. And I have other important things to do I tend to neglect while studying.

I watched this documentary about vinyl record collectors. Mostly guys but a few women as well. Completely into record collecting. I am developing a similar passion for mathematics. In the documentary they compare it to an addiction. Because the activity absorbs all time and energy. I consider my mathematical 'knowledge' valuable. I suppose other people will consider it useless. Like I thought about the guys in the documentary with all these records. The collectors are convinced they have a valuable collection and thus it is so. L Ron Hubbard said "What is true for you... is true for you...". He was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Welcome to The Bridge

Mathematics: is it the fabric of MEST?
This is my voyage
My continuous mission
To uncover hidden structures
To create new theorems and proofs
To boldly go where no man has gone before




(Raumpatrouille – Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion, colloquially aka Raumpatrouille Orion was the first German science fiction television series. Its seven episodes were broadcast by ARD beginning September 17, 1966. The series has since acquired cult status in Germany. Broadcast six years before Star Trek first aired in West Germany (in 1972), it became a huge success.)