As of May 4 2007 the scripts will autodetect your timezone settings. Nothing here has to be changed, but there are a few things

Please follow this blog

Search this blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

Change of plan

Since I am still in the planning phase I can change the plan whenever I think the overall sitiatopm nemefirs

I changed my mind on the books I will use next to the MST209 materials. If I don't understand something in book A I have a look how it is explained in book B. Comparing books also helps in determining what's really important. I am not ready yet for 'Kelley, Peterson' so I am going to drop their book.

- Elementary Differential Equations Sixth Edition C. Henry Edwards David E. Penney ( Used in MIT 18.03 )
- J. David Logan A First Course in Differential Equations ( Springer book, formal at the undergraduate level )
- Differential Equations with Mathematica Third Edition Martha L. Abell James P. Braselton ( Very practical with tons of do-able exercises in Mathematica )
- Differential Equations Demystified Steven G. Krantz ( Lots of Recipes, Exercises and Solutions )

All in all a balanced set of books to complement the core MST209 materials, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Welcome to The Bridge

Mathematics: is it the fabric of MEST?
This is my voyage
My continuous mission
To uncover hidden structures
To create new theorems and proofs
To boldly go where no man has gone before




(Raumpatrouille – Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion, colloquially aka Raumpatrouille Orion was the first German science fiction television series. Its seven episodes were broadcast by ARD beginning September 17, 1966. The series has since acquired cult status in Germany. Broadcast six years before Star Trek first aired in West Germany (in 1972), it became a huge success.)